ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Beast Must Die! (1974)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Movies in Other Genres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krel
Space Ranger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:19 pm    Post subject: The Beast Must Die! (1974) Reply with quote

Tom Newcliffe (Calvin Lockhart) is a millionaire that made his fortune as a hunter and guide in Africa. He has turned his English estate into a high-tech hunting ground. The grounds have cameras, microphones in the earth for motion detection, a high-tech control room, and a helicopter for tracking from the air. All this is so he can hunt a very dangerous creature.

To this end he invites a group of five people to join he and his wife for a weekend at his mansion. Here he informs the group that one of them is a Werewolf that he intends to kill. The Moon is full, he has silver bullets and Wolfsbane from his greenhouse. The situation is set, because...

The Beast Must Die!

Near the end of the film, the movie is interrupted by a 30 second "Werewolf Break", where the audience is invited to figure out who the werewolf is by the clues given in he film. The Director HATED this. He said that the Producer did it without his permission.

The Werewolf is a dressed-up dog (or maybe a wolf, it has been a long time since I have seen the movie), but that does not take away from the movie.

I love this movie, it has given me a lifelong love of Werewolf movies.

David.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YouTube has a fair copy of this movie, and based on David's enthusiastic recommendation, I'll watch it in the near future. I'm hoping a few of you guys will too! Very Happy

And then please post a reply, for Pete's sake! All Sci-Fi needs activity to stay alive, gentlemen! Rolling Eyes

The Beast Must Die (1974) Full movie, British horror

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Movies in Other Genres All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: