ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FEATURED THREADS for 2-14-24

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:09 pm    Post subject: FEATURED THREADS for 2-14-24 Reply with quote

If you're not a member of All Sci-Fi, registration is easy. Just use the registration password, which is —

gort

Attention members! If you've forgotten your password, just email me at Brucecook1@yahoo.com.

Here's a few interesting comments from your's truly about a post that Tim Linsey made!

_________

Son of Kong - Let's Create a Sequel!

Tim, I can't believe I let your wonderful post sit here for a year and a half without being noticed by me — or anybody else, apparently!

(Come on, guys! Show a little love for a valuable member of All Sci-Fi.) Rolling Eyes

Allow me to demonstrate just how rich with potential concepts the ideas in Tim's posts really is! Shocked

Before I realized that the first part of Tim's comment above was not entirely serious, I formed a beautiful mental image of those "bus tours" he mentioned as they rolled through a motorized version of the Kong Gates that we see in the original movie! Very Happy

The giant wooden doors would open up majestically to allow huge armored vehicles the size of Greyhound buses to roll out onto a nice paved road which wound through the jungle. The excited group of the tourists would busily snap photos through the thick glass windows!

At the front of each bus would be a lovely "Ann Darrow lookalike" who would deliver bright, chipper spiels over the PA system, calling the tourists attention to highlights along the way.

Here's an example what the ladies on these buses might say to keep the tourists.

"Oh look, folks! We're passing through area where the sailors from the S.S. Venture were attacked by an angry Stegosaurus! Luckily they were able to slay the charging beast just before it got to them!"

During the tour, gun turrets mounted on top of the fortified vehicles would occasionally fire off a volley into the jungle, just to scare the tourists. Afterwards the sexy blond tour guide would smile beautifully and say this.

"Oh my goodness! That was a close call! But don't worry, folks — our brave guards are always on the lookout for prehistoric monsters who might try to attack us!" Very Happy

Periodically the tour buses would pass "dino feeding areas" where food would surreptitiously be left out for the dinosaurs. This would be timed to occur just prior to the passing of the armored tour buses. These area would therefore be frequented by the prehistoric creatures who would invariably engage is savage battles over the food! Shocked

Meanwhile, the hot blond tour guide would pretend to be delighted by the fact that her group just happened to be lucky enough to witness a primeval battle for survival in this prehistorical world! Very Happy

This entire thriving commercial enterprise would be able to provide exciting adventures for its delighted tourist on a daily basis — thereby generating ample funds which would be used to keep Dino World operating in the black for years, thus insuring the survival of these denizens from the dawn of time!

Good Lord, gentlemen . . . I could easily write the screenplays for two decades of sequels to King Kong, with adventures in Dino World occurring every few years between 1933 and the late 1940s! Shocked

By the early 1940s these stop motion extravaganzas would be in Technicolor, and the public would be lining up around the block to see the newest ones! Willis O'Brien and a young Ray Harryhausen would be the heads of an animation team composed of dedicated professionals — both young and old — who would work tirelessly to create stunning movies the public would adore! Very Happy

These people would be the Pixar Animation Studios of the classic era, and they would dazzle the world with their movie magic!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: