ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Norliss Tapes (1973)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Movies in Other Genres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krel
Space Ranger

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:15 pm    Post subject: The Norliss Tapes (1973) Reply with quote

Roy Thinnes is David Norliss a occult investigator and debunker who is writing a new book debunking the occult, and it's practitioners.

After a prolonged absence, his best friend and publisher (Don Porter as Sanford T. Evans) goes to Norliss' home to check on him. He finds a number of cassette tapes and listens to the first tape.

The tape is about Norliss investigating an incident reported by Ellen Cort (Angie Dickinson), a widow who claims that she was attacked one night by her recently-deceased husband on their estate.

"The Norliss Tapes" was a TV pilot movie by Dan Curtis that didn't sell. Since it's broadcast, it's reputation has only grown. It has even had theatrical showings

I remember it being very spooky. I wish I could see it again.

David.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, gee whiz, David — I can easily grant that wish! Here's the YouTube video of the pilot you asked for. Very Happy

YouTube has several versions of the videos, but some of time are wacky Podcast with weird "host" who yank about the program.

Anyway, it sounds like an interesting series!

__________________ The Norliss Tapes (1973)

Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I well remember seeing this TV-movie back when it was originally broadcast in 1973. Found it quite scary; especially the scene where the raging creature is attempting to attack Roy Thinnes & Angie Dickinson who are in a car inside a garage and desperately trying to escape its clutches.

This made-for-television movie was also a pilot, but it wasn't picked up by the network. Working title: "Demon."

Dan Curtis produced & directed this production. Dan is well remembered for his other television projects such as Dark Shadows, the two 90-minute Kolchak TV-movies "The Night Stalker," "The Night Strangler," and the Kolchak: The Night Stalker tv series.

Filming for this movie took place in San Francisco & Monteray, California.

Hurd Hatfield (Charles Langdon) played the title character in the 1945 feature film The Picture of Dorian Gray which is based upon the classic novel by Oscar Wilde.

Gorgeous Michelle Carey plays Marsha Sterns in this television movie.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Movies in Other Genres All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: