ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adam Strange from DC comics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Comics and Artwork
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:46 pm    Post subject: Adam Strange from DC comics Reply with quote

I loved these comics and the concept they were based on when I was a kid. The idea of a handsome young scientist who is zapped to a distant planet and then returned on a regular basis, all caused by a natural phenomenon he figures out how to use, is terrific.

The suit he wears, with its cool rocket pack, was something I especially loved -- along with his slender girlfriend (and later his wife), Alanna. She was drawn by Carmine Infantino at first, a very slender gal from the artist who drew the Flash (also slender in his early days), but the artist who took over rounded Alanna out considerably.

Not a bad thing, really, but I liked her the way she was.

Erin Gray from Buck Rogers in the 25th Century would have been perfect for the role in a movie version.

Erin looked much better with dark hair anyway.

I want these action figures! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Comics and Artwork All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: