ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ships of the Line, Book II -- Bigger, Faster, Stronger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Reference Books
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bulldogtrekker
Space Sector Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject: Ships of the Line, Book II -- Bigger, Faster, Stronger Reply with quote

Ships of the Line, Book II -- Bigger, Faster, Stronger
By Doug Drexler, Michael Okuda, Margaret Clark

....Star Trek: Ships of the Line (2014 Edition)" -- available now, December 2, as a hardcover book and eBook -- is an updated edition of the acclaimed "Ships of the Line" hardcover. The original, published in 2006, featured images from all of the "Ships of the Lines" calendars at the time, while the 2014 edition includes all of the previous images and every image created for the "Ships of the Line" calendars since the original's release. That means the latest "Star Trek: Ships of the Line" edition will boast more than 75 new images, with all of the images brought together for the first time in book format and complemented with copy by Star Trek's own Michael Okuda. "Star Trek: Ships of the Line (2014 Edition)" is edited by Doug Drexler and Margaret Clark and features text by Michael Okuda. It'll cost $30 in the U.S. and $36 in Canada. Visit www.amazon.com to purchase it. ......

LINK TO VIMEO VIDEO: http://vimeo.com/112736748

LINK TO FULL STORY: http://startrek.com/article/ships-of-the-line-book-ii-bigger-faster-stronger

Last edited by bulldogtrekker on Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Robert (Butch) Day
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's DEFINITELY on my Christmas wish list!
bulldogtrekker
Space Sector Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject: Ships of the Line Book 2 Reply with quote

I am currently flipping through Ships of the Line Book 2. thanks to my local library. I own the older book.

Ironically, I don't care for the Ships of the Line calendar; it fails as a calendar.

Last edited by bulldogtrekker on Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
bulldogtrekker
Space Sector Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:58 pm    Post subject: Ships of the Line Book 2 Reply with quote

Quote:
I am currently flipping through Ships of the Line Book 2. thanks to my local library. I own the older book.

The Ships of the Line Book 2 was really interesting art book and (I think) there only a few prints that were repeats from the first book (Here is one: NX-02 Columbia crashed on a Dominion-controlled desert planet).

My favorite prints were the movie Enterprise (no surprise there)

The cover price is $30, but it is much less on Amazon.
Very Happy

Last edited by bulldogtrekker on Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
Pye-Rate
Starship Co-Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always found the humor in this pic. The airplane is a F-104 Starfighter, with antiair missiles and longrange droptanks.

http://startrek.com/uploads/assets/articles/inset16.png
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Reference Books All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: