ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

X Minus One - Cold Equations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Radio Programs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: X Minus One - Cold Equations Reply with quote

X Minus One — Cold Equations

Many of the enjoyable episodes in this series are clever comedies. This one, however, it definitely not.

The information below is revealed in the first minutes of the story, so reading it won't spoil the episode for you. But it might convince you to listen to it — and you should.

It's a gripping story about the lone pilot of a star ship who is taking a serum to a small group of scientist on an uninhabited planet to save them from a disease they've contracted.

But shortly after leaving the mother ship in deep space, the pilot discovers that a young woman has stowed away on his ship to get to her husband on the remote planet. Tragically she didn't realize that because of critical fuel requirements, the ship won't have enough fuel to land and deliver the serum when they reach the planet.

The pilot, the woman, and the critically ill scientists on the planet will all die if she is not ejected into space by a certain time.

And that . . . is the cold equation of the title.

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:13 pm; edited 9 times in total
bulldogtrekker
Space Sector Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: No part 2 Reply with quote

I enjoyed this older one better than the modern remake at —

ps; Yes, I turned off the visuals.

Last edited by bulldogtrekker on Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you mean you like the program without the visuals that were added. I kinda liked the visuals, but I suspect I'll like the complete episode without the visuals. The excerpt seems to be only part that has the CGI visuals.

The CGI girl doesn't look a bit like she's described in the story, and those gigantic eyes of her's are pretty silly looking.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Radio Programs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: