ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I Am Number Four (2011)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randy
Space Ranger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:21 pm    Post subject: I Am Number Four (2011) Reply with quote

Nine children from the planet Lorien have been sent to earth to escape the invading Mogadorians who have now succeeded in the complete destruction of Lorien. The nine children arrive on Earth, each with an adult Warrior/Guardian who are tasked with protecting each child until they become young adults.

Each child has been given a special power which will develop when they reach adulthood. The nine children are scattered all over Earth and some are just becoming young adults.

The Mogadorians have come to Earth to search for and kill the nine before they gain their special powers and are making a game out of the hunt. They have "numbered" the children and they must kill them in order.

As the story begins, Number One was killed in Malaysia, Number 2 was killed in England, Number 3 was killed in Kenya. The story centers on young John who is Number 4 and is now on the run.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP6zhpST3Ro

I liked this movie ........
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_______

I finally go to see this one, and Rany is right — it's actually a pretty good yarn, with some nice FX and impressive performances.

The action-packed climax is a battle between the good aliens and the bad aliens at night at the local high school, with blazing energy weapons, strange powers, and shape-shifting monsters (good ones fighting bad ones), all going at it tooth and nail.

As enjoyable as it is, the whole thing looks a bit too much like a pilot for a TV series, but apparently that was not the reason it was produced. The film didn't do well enough in theaters to encourage the sequel they had planned, and the critics weren't overly kind. But it's well worth watching if you stick with it through the somewhat slow first half.

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Fri May 20, 2022 4:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A trailer that actually gives you some idea what the movie is about. Refreshing. Most trailers these days just seem to be fade-in-fade-out slideshows of all the CGI action. Rolling Eyes

___________ I am Number Four - Official Trailer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: