ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Twilight Zone Reboot for CBS All Access

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bulldogtrekker
Space Sector Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Twilight Zone Reboot for CBS All Access Reply with quote

Jordan Peele Is Working on a??Twilight Zone Reboot for CBS All Access
Beth Elderkin, I09 [The Hollywood Reporter]

You are about to enter another dimension. A dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land of imagination. Next stop, the Sunken Place.

CBS has announced a new Twilight Zone anthology series from Get Out director Jordan Peele, over 50 years after the iconic scifi series ended its initial run. This comes about five years after the studio tried and failed to reboot the series with X-Men director Bryan Singer, and in the wake of Bioshock creator Ken Levine's stalled attempt to revive the franchise as an interactive movie or series. Right now, it's not clear whether Peele's show has already been picked up for a series, or if the project is simply in development.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the series will come from Peele's production company, with Marco Ramirez, who was a showrunner for Netflix's The Defenders??and a producer on Daredevil, serving as the showrunner and initial scriptwriter. The plan looks to be to put the new series on CBS All Access, the digital network that's seen success after the debut of Star Trek: Discovery, which is still in the middle of its debut season.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took me many years to finally realize just how few of the original Twilight Zone episodes were even vaguely science fiction. I guess when I watched it in the days of my youth, the sci-fi ones stood out so strongly that I just forgot how rare they were.

I'm sure this new version will be that way, too. Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: