ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can anyone recommend a safe download source?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
17 Oaks
Planetary Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Can anyone recommend a safe download source? Reply with quote

I would love to get my hands on many of these and I have found plenty on DVD. However things are so protected I have not been able to upload to my computer so I can watch or stream them to my TV.

Not trying to break any laws or use them for other than personal ONLY use.

Yea, call me lazy for wanting to use my remote to just stream them...actually I don't sleep well and 4 hrs a night is a lot, so I wake up at 3 am looking for something on TV to put me to sleep, like Mars the Angry Planet, which I actually have on my computer. I turn it on, steam and sleep arrives again. So far I have watched that movie over 12 times and never seen it start to finish.

I don't have cable TV, just antenna.

Any source for these I can upload, I don't mind paying, not looking for free, just looking for a better way...thanks
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to All Sci-Fi, Mr. Oaks! Very Happy

We have several members who are fairly adept at downloading movies, and perhaps a few of them will offer some advice on the subject.

I used to use a site called watchfree.to, which listed sources for downloading movies, like Vidzi.tv. However, I started having trouble with popups which tried to tell me my computer had a virus and I should call Microsoft right away! Shocked

It was all bogus, of course, and I gave up using the site. If you try it, beware of the dangers I just described.

I think it might be helpful if I moved your request to our section called Contact All Sci-Fi and re-title it "Can anyone recommend a safe download source?"

Your request will attract more attention there, and I'm sure our members can offer some suggestions! Cool

By the way, is Mars the Angry Planet any kin to the enjoyable movie shown below, which we actually have in All Sci-Fi's Movie Room ??? which, by the way, might just turn out to be your "One-Stop Shopping Place" for downloads! Wink

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found a lot of movies and TV shows right on Youtube. I use Realdownloader program to download them and sometimes I convert the mp-4 files to mpeg with a video converter program.

Like you I often am awake late at night so I've put a bunch of movies on a data dvd. I can put 8-10 movies on a single disk and play them on my Blu-Ray player.
17 Oaks
Planetary Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks appreciate the efforts. Sadly the movie industry which is based upon a GREED level that is out of this world.

They are too stupid to understand that they make less money by bottling up these things so tight that almost cannot be watched...as if we are selling SciFi for the 40's-50's era and dreaming of landing on the Forbes 400 doing so.

I will check out the links provided.

Yea, it was The Angry Red Planet, great movie, someday I will see it from start to finish I am sure.
17 Oaks
Planetary Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FOUND IT!!!

This is GREAT stuff, its works flawlessly, does what I want to do, put my DVDs on my Mac, lets me stream them to my TV, the quality is great and the price was great # $19.95 (got it on sale). Also VERY simple and easy to use, but very powerful.

MacX DVD Ripper Pro (works on Macs, but they may have a version that works for you if you don't have one)

Rip DVD on Mac - DVD to MP4, MOV, FLV, MPEG, MP3
It is the best Mac DVD ripper support ripping any encrypted DVDs on Mac, so that you can rip any DVDs for watching them on Mac computer, iPhone, iPod, iPad, iTunes, etc in MP4, MOV, H.264, M4V, FLV, MPEG, MKV, AVI, MP3 format, etc. MacX DVD Ripper Pro support ripping any type of DVD, including 99-title DVDs, Japanese DVD, TV series DVDs, workout DVDs, and other damaged or unplayable DVDs.

17 Oaks
Planetary Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well woke up in my normal 3ish time frame and grabbed my remote for my 75" TV in the bedroom (don't be too wow'd, the TV is 17 feet from the opposite wall I sleep on). Clicked on my computer that shows up in my list of external devices and browsed my movies folder and watch "The 27th Day" w/Gene Barry and then "Battle for Outer Space" (a Japanese stinker).

Today, add my other 50 movie CD to the mix.

Take away: Great experiences in spite of the fact that I guess I am doing something wrong in the eyes of the movie industry, an industry based solely upon greed. I bought them, I own them, they are mine and I should be able to watch in my own home as I chose without hindrance.
orzel-w
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you pay attention to those FBI/Homeland Security notices before the movies? We're being monitored by black helicopters and UAVs for even watching the DVDs, not to mention bankrupting the movie industry if we watch it more than once.

WayneO
-----------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Contact All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: