ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PHOTOBUCKET now cost $399.99 a year!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am proud to announce that after working for many long hours, I have managed to fix every broken Photobucket jpeg code on all 47 pages of the Forbidden Planet thread. Most of them belonged to Butch, Eadie, orzel-w, and Brent Gair, and I replaced them them with new Imgur jpegs codes!

I also replaced all my OWN Photobucket jpeg codes with Imgur codes, even though PB is still working for my jpegs!

So, the Forbidden Planet thread is now PHOTOBUCKET FREE!

That wonderful thread is a treasure trove of great discussions, enhanced by hundreds of pictures! I'd forgotten just how many stunning images Eadie, for exaxmple, contributed to the thread! She is amazing! Very Happy

Please revisit the crown jewel of All Sci-Fi, the Forbidden Planet thread ??? which has been restored to it's full glory in spite of the dastardly deeds of those fools as Photobucket! Evil or Very Mad

And if you've got broken Photobucket codes you'd like to replace, there's a very easy way to force PB to show you any of your images so you can identify precisely what they are, and then you can copy them to your computer.

You will then be able to place them on the image host of your choice and fix your broken jpegs on All Sci-Fi and any other message boards you've contributed to!

The method is simple. Bear in mind the instructions below are specific to Firefox.

First, log into your Photobucket account in a separate tab or window, then come here and right click on the broken jpeg on All Sci-Fi. Select "View Image".

This will take you to the source of the image on your PB account, which will look like this.

Next comes the Magic Method I discovered all by myself! Refresh the page, either with F5 or by right-clicking and selecting the icon shown below.

After several seconds the jpeg will appear ??? although sometimes it will be small and distorted. When that happens, simple refresh the page again, and the full image will appear!

Right-click on the image and select "Save Image As . . . " to store your jpeg in a picture file.

Now you can save the image to Host.Pic, Imgur, or whatever image host you prefer. Once you have a new image code, you can replace that useless Photobucket code and restore your post to it's former glory! Very Happy

And in case you're wondering . . . yes, this is what I did for every single jpeg on all 47 pages of the Forbidden Planet thread that was hosted by Photobucket!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Contact All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: