ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Black Hole Comic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Comics and Artwork
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:06 am    Post subject: The Black Hole Comic Reply with quote

Information at

http://www.recalledcomics.com/TheBlackHole4.php
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always was curious as to what happened to Kate, Dan, Charlie, and V.I.N.C.E.N.T. after they plunged through the black hole in the probe ship?

The comic book cover has a couple of discrepancies though that depart from the film.

The awful looking spaceship in the background looks nothing like the actual Palomino whose name it has painted on its side, but even more to the point, the Palomino was destroyed in the feature film. Our intrepid crew escaped in a Cygnus probe ship which was of a different design than the demolished Palomino.

I also notice that Old BOB is on the cover with the crew on this new world. Except Old BOB was "killed" by Maximillian and left behind on the Cygnus as it came apart while plunging into the black hole.

So sorry folks, no Palomino and no BOB should be on this new planet at all with the crew.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Palomino's design was nothing to crow about, so changing it is not such a bad thing, although ignoring the fact that it was destroyed in the movie was silly on the part of the comic's writer and artist.

Since I'm not a fan of The Black Hole I can't really get too interested about a sequel, even if it was done right.

Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the Palomino spaceship design wasn't anything to write home about. However, the interior set design for it is one of my favorites ever built.

And the spaceship design on this comic book looks like something you'd see on a goofy Saturday morning cartoon or silly live action kid's show. Terrible.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right. As bad as the one in the movie was, this chubby version of the Jupiter 2 is no improvement. Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Comics and Artwork All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: