ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Top 100 Star Trek Episodes Of All Time!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Star Trek on Television
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bulldogtrekker
Space Sector Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: The Top 100 Star Trek Episodes Of All Time! Reply with quote

The Top 100 Star Trek Episodes Of All Time!
I09

Star Trek gave us six TV series, spanning over 700 episodes, because it's such a rich universe. And a Federation starship is the perfect vehicle to tell unforgettable stories. But which Star Trek stories are the best? To find out, we painstakingly compiled the 100 greatest Trek episodes, from any of the series.

What makes for a great Star Trek episode? Obviously, the fun quotient has to be high, and there need to be awesome character moments. But I'd argue that a really notable Trek story explores some ideas, or some ethical quandaries, in a way that sticks with you after you're done watching. If one thing has defined Trek throughout its run, it's that.

So here's our list of the 100 best Star Trek episodes. ...

LINK:
http://io9.com/the-top-100-star-trek-episodes-of-all-time-1641565699/+tinaamini
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How could they have left out The Ultimate Computer or A Taste Of Armageddon or The Menagerie from the original ST series?
bulldogtrekker
Space Sector Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: The Top 100 Star Trek Episodes Of All Time! Reply with quote

Maybe the three you mentioned are in the top 150 list? Shocked

It looks like TNG had a large number of favorites.
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TNG probably has the most impact on the majority of todays Trekkers. TOS comes off as more dated and slower in development of the story than the newer series and films as well as dated sfx.

I still love TOS and Shatner's Kirk and Nimoy's Spock as well as the rest of the cast. Having met most of them I do have my faves and even from the other series as well.

One aside, have any of you gone to the Star Trek Experience when it was at the Las Vegas Hilton?

It was truly a real ST experience and the greatest I've ever had.

First you go into a transporter room where you take your place on a pad on the floor. You're in a small room with just the pads and the transporter console manned by a Starfleet officer in red engineering tunic.

Suddenly the lights go out, along with the familiar transporter whine.

You feel a rush of air and a kaleidoscopic swirl of lights and when the lights come up you are actually on the bridge of the Next Generation Enterprise! Officers and crew men go about their duties as the comm officer addresses you and welcomes you to the Enterprise. All the stations and the main viewer are all ablaze with lights, sounds, and in the case of the latter, with a view of space hurtling by you.

You are introduced to the bridge officers when suddenly there is an attack by Klingon Warbirds. For you're safety they inform you that you must be immediately returned to Earth, but the attack has made the transporters non functional!

You are led through the gangways of the ship to the hanger deck where you must board a shuttlecraft to evacuate you to Earth! You board and are launched into space where you have a brief dogfight with Klingon Bird's of Prey until you can evade them long enough to land back in LV.

Upon leaving the shuttlecraft you go on to have lunch at the Star Trek Caf?? where you interact with Klingons, Ferengi and a few Romulans as you eat your Gachk (Bloodworm squirming in blood and guts----but in this case spegetti and meatballs!)

Before and after the experience you get to view a truly marvelous assortment of uniforms, props and other memorabilia.

To this day this is one experiences my wife and sons remember and cherish above all. I would highly recommend this exhibit to any Trek Fan!

Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leapin' Klingons, Gordo, you were NOT exaggerating! Shocked

I realize this Youtube video is a just a taste of what The Star Trek Experience would really be like — but even so, we can plainly see that this Las Vegas attraction is extremely well done and more fun than an weekend bender on Romulan ale! Smile

The next time you and your kids decide to visit Las Vega and go to The Star Trek Experience, please adopt me and take me with you! Think of the money you'll save when you claim me as a dependent on your taxes! And we can write off the trip as a business expense, claiming it as research for All Sci-Fi!

__________________ Star Trek The Experience

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, the LV show closed in 2009.

BUT it's planned to be reopened in Tucson AZ soon!

Stay posted!

I have to say THIS was my favorite STAR TREK because I didn't just watch it . . . I lived it! All the actors stayed 100% in character, including the denizens of Quark's Bar and Grill, tables of Klingons singing Klingon drinking songs and all! The atmosphere on-board the Enterprise was so real, it even smelled right!
Zackuth
Solar Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to go twice to the Star Trek Experience in Las Vegas. The second time I was on my honeymoon with the wife and we went through everything. At the end my wife was getting harassed by the local Klingon and I had to go save her. I got a picture of me inserted into the DS9 crew and looks really good. I also bought a book of the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition and Star Trek cook book.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'd love to see those pictures — especially of the lovely wife those Klingons couldn't resist! Very Happy

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that she was wearing clothes turned off the Ferengi, but those Klingons......You gotta be careful of them!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Star Trek on Television All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: