ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BBC DOCUMENTARY - VOYAGE TO THE PLANETS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> SCIENCE now, add FICTION later
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:57 pm    Post subject: BBC DOCUMENTARY - VOYAGE TO THE PLANETS Reply with quote

Ok guys and gals of All-Sci-Fi you just got to check out this two parter from the BBC !!

Did you like THE MARTIAN ? Do you like 2001-A SPACE ODYSSEY ? You'll love this docu-movie.

Give it peek----I think it's not just terriffic, but one of the BEST space oriented films of the year, but also some of the best effects as well !

BBC VOYAGE TO THE PLANETS - PART ONE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg1f_Yk60Mg

BBC VOYAGE TO THE PLANETS - PART TWO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_uZ5u32NQ0

Last edited by Gord Green on Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Gord! I'm downloading them now with Clip Converter. Very Happy

alltare
Quantum Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: BBC DOCUMENTARY - JOURNEY TO THE PLANETS Reply with quote

Gord-
I think you might want to retitle this thread to "BBC DOCUMENTARY - VOYAGE TO THE PLANETS". There are two series with similar names, and I don't believe they are simply different versions of each other.

"JOURNEY to the Planets" is a 6-part series from National Geographic.

"VOYAGE to the Planets" is the 2-part BBC series to which your thread pertains.

By the way, I have just downloaded all 6 of the "JOURNEY" episodes in HD. So far, the 1st episode (about Mars) is very interesting. I have not watched either "VOYAGE" episode yet.

Gord Green wrote:
Ok guys and gals of All-Sci-Fi you just got to check out this two parter from the BBC !!

Did you like THE MARTIAN ? Do you like 2001-A SPACE ODYSSEY ? You'll love this docu-movie.

Give it peek----I think it's not just terriffic, but one of the BEST space oriented films of the year, but also some of the best effects as well !

BBC JOURNEY TO THE PLANETS - PART ONE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg1f_Yk60Mg

BBC JOURNEY TO THE PLANETS - PART TWO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_uZ5u32NQ0
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alltare, you may be correct, but that is the name given on the YouTube videos linked above.

The part that really appealed to me was that this was done as a docu-drama weaving a story around the very factual information presented.

I have seen this video on other sites (Putlocker for example.) and it was designated as "journey" not "voyage" there as well.

A film of any other name is still a damn good film! lol!
alltare
Quantum Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, lemme explain better.

When I click on the link that you have labeled "BBC JOURNEY TO THE PLANETS - PART ONE" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg1f_Yk60Mg), I arrive at a YouTube video entitled "BBC Documentary VOYAGE To The Planets Part 1". When I play that video, the title shown on the screen also says "Space Odyssey- VOYAGE to the Planets" (at 1 minute, 22 seconds).
The same thing happens for your 2nd link. Nowhere on on those 2 Youtube pages do I see the title "JOURNEY...". Only "VOYAGE...".

I have not looked at the videos on Putlocker.

I only bring this up because there is another series that does have the title "Journey to the Planets", and using the same title for both series will cause confusion eventually.

Gord Green wrote:
Alltare, you may be correct, but that is the name given on the YouTube videos linked above.
I have seen this video on other sites (Putlocker for example.) and it was designated as "journey" not "voyage" there as well.
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"BBC Documentary Voyage To The Planets Part 1 "

By God, you're right! I think they were originaly labled as "journey" because I cut and pasted the title originaly.

The real "Journey", at least the first "Mars" chapter is also on YouTube.

I shall correct the error.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> SCIENCE now, add FICTION later All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: