ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sci Fi film and TV series I am trying to track down

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Discussions in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toffohearingaid
Space Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject: Sci Fi film and TV series I am trying to track down Reply with quote

Hello, I am trying to track down a sci-fi fantasy that was a lot like Barbarella. Not sure if Jane Fonda was in it. It was set in the future or on another planet. It was all done in a studio, no out door scenes. But instead of the main characters having guns, they had swords, broadswords like Medieval England. It was Late 60's or Early 70's. Also my second question: there was a sci-fi series most likely to be made somewhere in Europe. It was in English or dubbed in English, made either in the very Late 70's or Early 80's, that I think was called Treasure Island In Space, a sci-fi version of the Robert Louis Stevenson yarn. I have looked on YouTube. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about these two.
toffohearingaid
Space Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found The TV Show on DailyMotion. It's called Treasure Island in Outer Space, starring Anthony Quinn.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I've ever seen it. I'll check it out.

Is the other one Galaxina perhaps? Jane Fonda was only in one, Barbarell. This is the poster for Galaxina. Does it look familiar?

As for Treasure Island in Outer Space, it's five episodes of a 1987 series which is available on Youtube. Here's episode one.

This looks like it might be fun!Very Happy

_________ Treasure Island in Outer Space - ep 1

_________

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galaxina does seem a likely candidate, with poor Dorothy Stratten as its star. I think my dvd, also including "Hunk," came from a bargain store. The back cover tells us "The crew of an interstellar police ship is sent to recover a mysterious crystal, the blue star. The ship's female android and a crew member fall in love. The captain gives birth to an alien who grows up on the ship thinking the captain is its mother!" They also add a review-style quote, without attribution, "One of the best 'Alien' spoof movies ever!"

Thecultmovieguide.com gives more details.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Discussions in General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: