ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Developments In Artificial Intelligence

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> SCIENCE now, add FICTION later
View previous topic :: View next topic  
larryfoster
Space Ranger

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:42 am    Post subject: Developments In Artificial Intelligence Reply with quote

Other members may add other A.I. develops to this thread.

I had these items posted in the old board - now lost. But, I think they're too significant to lose. So, I'm posting them here again.

7/23/14
"How Artificial Superintelligence Will Give Birth To Itself"
http://io9.com/how-artificial-superintelligence-will-give-birth-to-its-1609547174

I would hope for a (perhaps quantum) super-computer to be programmed using 'Deep Learning', and have this 'Recursively Self-Improving' function. And ideally, it should also connect satellites, and to the...

Aug 25, 2014
"'Robo Brain' will teach robots everything from the Internet"
http://phys.org/news/2014-08-robo-brain-robots-internet.html

I would give it a nuclear power source, and install it deep within a mountain. And name it: "COLOSSUS". Smile

Tired of waiting on NASA to adopt Flying Saucer technology! Sick of human political-representative government! I want 1970: COLOSSUS (The Forbin Project) A.I. - as World Control government! Providing flying saucer tech, "For the betterment of man."
larryfoster
Space Ranger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

29 Sep 2014

"Meet Amelia: the computer that's after your job"
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/11123336/Meet-Amelia-the-computer-thats-after-your-job.html

Quote:
IPsoft even has plans to start embedding Amelia into humanoid robots such as Softbank's Pepper, Honda's Asimo or Rethink Robotics' Baxter, allowing her to take advantage of their mechanical functions.

"The robots have got a fair degree of sophistication in all the mechanical functions — the ability to climb up stairs, the ability to run, the ability to play ping pong. What they don't have is the brain, and we'll be supplementing that brain part with Amelia," said Dube.

"I am convinced that in the next decade you'll pass someone in the corridor and not be able to discern if it's a human or an android."

I think I want an "Amelia" software. She can read all my DIY books, and then interface to a 3D-Printed Andrea android body. Wink
Tired of waiting on NASA to adopt Flying Saucer technology! Sick of human political-representative government! I want 1970: COLOSSUS (The Forbin Project) A.I. - as World Control government! Providing flying saucer tech, "For the betterment of man."
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they come up with a computer than does as much thinking about how well it could rule humanity as you do Larry, that sucker will be in charge in a week! Very Happy
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry Foster has made 104 highly intelligent posts to All Sci-Fi, but his last one was on May 30, 2015, just a few months after this current version of the board replaced the one that crashed.

I've sent him numerous emails asking him to return, but I've never gotten a response.

I'd love to know what Larry thinks about the current status of AI systems . . . and the problems they've sometimes caused.
Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> SCIENCE now, add FICTION later All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: