ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Super-Hero TV recommendations sought
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Legends of Tomorrow episode tonight was a bit confusing, but since I still have all four of this week's CW crossover episodes on my DVR, I'll watch them again this weekend back-to-back to see if I can follow the story better and appreciate it more.

After all, if the episodes were part of a 3 hour movie and I watch it in four sections, four nights in a row, I might not have followed the story as well as I would have if I'd viewed it in one evening! Shocked

I'll admit that the last 20 minutes were really good! Very Happy

Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There did seem to be a lot of things ( interactions ) that were happening offscreen. This one episode contained enough to fill a two hour time frame.

But still it was awesome!!!
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't want to call this a JUSTICE LEAGUE , it was at least. a SUPERFRIENDS episode.

This was the BEST four nights ever!

I can't tell you how much this was a fANBOY'S dream come true! Suspend all disbelief and breath in the sense of wonder and just savor this crossover as the unbelievable experience it is !

Whatever you didn't like....IRRELEVENT!

YOU COULD NEVER HAVE IMAGINED THAT THIS WOULD BE ON PRIMETIME TV JUST A FEW YEARS AGO!

The world of Sci-Fi and superheroes as a mainstream form of entertainment was only a hopeless wish a few years ago. I'm old enough to remember when it was only a futile wish of a geeky nerd.

Now if they'd only bring back ADAM STRANGE....

orzel-w
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For my money you can't go wrong with...

Robot Chicken!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4KT8yGrgUs

(Well, okay, it's not really TV. It just looks like it on your monitor.)

WayneO
-----------
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Joyce wrote:
Thanks, Sir! I watched the Flash / Zoom episode this week. Brings back fond memories. Have already recorded Arror and Legends. Will take some time to pick up on the story lines and revamped characters but the seem cool.

Just a quick observation (that could be wrong). Marvel seems to be winning the Movie Wars but D.C. seems to be taking the lead in TV productions. Does that seem like a fair assessment?

(BTW, on the Marvel shows, we enjoyed Agent Carter and SHIELD...although we've dropped SHIELD from our ever-growing must-watch list recently)

I would also add that DC is way ahead of Marvel regarding the direct-to-dvd animated movies based upon their superheroes.

Most of the DC animated movies are excellent & they produce them regularly.
Marvel rarely does animated projects based upon their comics.

I remain a fan of both companies,so I don't root for one over the other in their various film or television projects.
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit that the "Agents of Hydra" storyline on AGENTS OF SHIELD has been very good!

I still love LEGENDS, SUPERGIRL and FLASH, with ARROW a fourth choice .

The CW is going to have another DC hero come to the screen with BLACK LIGHTNING.

Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The History of HYDRA in the Marvel Cinematic Universe

When HYDRA first appeared in the pages of Marvel Comics in 1965 (Strange Tales #135) it was as one of many Secret Society villain organizations (like the rest, little more than a copyright-skirting "borrowing" of Ian Fleming's 007-bedeviling SPECTER) set up to be crushed by Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D. Led by nondescript evil businessman Arnold Brown, they were defeated in short order and clearly never intended to become a permanent or even important fixture of the broader Marvel Universe.

But as the revival of World War II-era Marvel heroes like Namor and Captain America inevitably brought the return of WWII-era villains like The Red Skull, Baron Von Srucker and Helmut Zemo, HYDRA's unforgettably-goofy iconography (that double-fist salute! Those H-strapped uniforms! That ridiculous skull-octopus insignia!) were soon found to have an invaluable use: A way for Marvel creators of the time (many of them Jewish, WWII veterans or both) to tell stories of the scariest thing they could imagine — the return of The Nazis — without plastering comics aimed primarily at children with swastikas and other explicitly fascist imagery.

A live-action incarnation of HYDRA is similarly baked into the continuum of the Marvel Cinematic Universe from the very (chronological) beginning, with a featured villain spot in Captain America: The First Avenger, and its surprise return in that film's sequel turned the "Hail HYDRA!" catchphrase into the 21st century's go-to reference point for secret, collusive corruption. From that point forward, the group's most regular presence has been on TV as the primary antagonists of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Though officially thought eliminated after the events of the series — third season, season 4's final wave of episodes has inventively brought them back via the main characters finding themselves trapped in a computer-simulated alternate reality where HYDRA not only endured but now dominates the United States security apparatus.
With HYDRA back for at least one more (however simulated) hurrah on S.H.I.E.L.D. and taking center stage in an ultra-controversial story in the pages of Steve Rogers: Captain America, here's your guide to the history of The Marvel Cinematic Universe's most reliable nefarious collective:

PRE-HISTORY

The history of HYDRA in the MCU is inextricably bound to that of The Inhumans, a species genetically descended from early humans who were experimented on by The Kree in an attempt to create bio-weapons. Though born indistinguishable from "normal" humans, when exposed to the rare element Terrigen an Inhuman develops unique superhuman abilities (and, sometimes, a nonhuman appearance) through a process called Terrigenesis.

One of the most powerful early Inhumans, the parasitic telepath Hive, led a rebellion that displaced their Kree overlords from Earth, but Hive eventually grew so powerful himself that he amassed a legion of human followers who revered him as a living god. To prevent Hive (who had learned to increase his powers by devouring human beings for their life energy) from dominating the Earth himself, the other Inhumans used a Kree relic called The Monolith to create a makeshift black hole and banish him to the far-off planet Maveth.
However, the cult of Hive-worshipers endured after his exile; coalescing over centuries into a secret occult organization dedicated to masterminding their god's return to Earth and adopting his tentacle-draped face as a stylized demonic symbol. They come to call themselves HYDRA, in reference to a beast of Greek mythology said to sprout two new heads for each one that an attacker is able to remove.

ANCIENT HISTORY & EARLY MODERNITY

Though shrouded in secrecy, the HYDRA cult continued to evolve through the centuries — with leaders maintaining the singular focus on returning Hive to Earth, but also amassing power and influence by infiltrating and spreading through the political, business and familial aristocracies of each successive human civilization in the guise of more nebulously power-seeking goals.

Eventually, one of the especially powerful sects in 1800s Great Britain comes to possess The Monolith and begins a ritual practices of selecting believers via lottery to be sent through the black hole as emissaries (read: human sacrifices) to Hive. This sect eventually comes to be controlled by the Mallick Family, who consolidate power as one of the most prominent families within the HYDRA inner circle.

Over time, the true origins and belief-system of HYDRA's founders becomes less widely known among it's non-elite membership; until it is largely indistinguishable from (and, in certain cases, intertwined with) other secretive societies like Freemasonry or the Arena Club a.k.a. "The Council of Nine," — a group of wealthy businessmen who claim responsibility for the Black Tuesday stock market crash and the assassination of President McKinley, whose connection to HYDRA itself has been implied but not explicitly confirmed.

WORLD WAR II

As happens with most religions and/or cults, eventually HYDRA undergoes an ideological schism — which comes to a head in the mid-20th Century aid the outbreak of the Second World War.

While much of the elite HYDRA ruling class remains committed to being a secretive society working in the shadows to advance the ancient cause of restoring Hive's "godhood" on Earth, an increasing number of sects and individual power-brokers grow less committed to the supernatural "myths" of HYDRA's founding than to the earthly power they can accrue for themselves through political infiltration and a combination of ancient knowledge with mastery of advanced modern science. This more technocratic-inclined HYDRA abandons secrecy and reveals itself, aligning with Hitler's Germany in the guise of a Nazi "Deep Science" Division initially promising to provide the Third Reich with superweapons.
The "Deep Science" HYDRA is led by Johan Schmidt, a.k.a. "The Red Skull," who dedicates himself to finding and unlocking the secrets of The Tesseract — an ancient Asgardian treasure later confirmed to be a containment vessel for The Space Stone, one of the six all-powerful Infinity Stones. Though The Red Skull is defeated by the combined efforts of Captain America and the Strategic Scientific Reserve, he is far from the only seat of leadership in the Nazi incarnation of HYDRA.

One of Schmidt's lieutenants, Werner Reinhardt, is dispatched to Asia during the war to investigate discoveries of artifacts relating to ancient Kree visitors and the early Inhumans; in particular excavating a preserved Kree corpse and an Obelisk — one of multiple Kree vessels containing reserves of Terrigen in powerful crystalized form that is brings death to any human who touches it. A human-experimentation enthusiast in the vein of his Nazi contemporary Josef Mengele, Reinhardt conducts research trials on captive subjects attempting to work out the true purpose of the object, eventually discovering a young peasant girl named Jiaying who is able to touch The Obelisk with no ill-effects.

THE COLD WAR & S.H.I.E.L.D. INFILTRATION

Werner Reinhardt's experimenting is cut short when his compound is raided by SSR Agent Peggy Carter and the Howling Commandos. Reinhardt is imprisoned for life, visited on occasion only for interrogation, while his research materials are taken into custody by the SSR, which also comes into possession of the The Tesseract when it is rediscovered by Howard Stark during his unsuccessful searches for the body of the presumed-dead Captain America. It is believed that this brings an end to HYDRA, as modern history has only ever known of the organization in its Red Skull-led Nazi version.
One member of HYDRA manages to escape both death and imprisonment: Arnim Zola, The Red Skull's weapons-designer confidant, is among the ex-Nazi scientists brought to work for U.S. interests under the (real-life!) Operation Paperclip program. Supposedly renouncing his ties to HYDRA, Zola (who, while under detention by the SSR, has also brought the dangerous ex-Soviet psychiatrist and hypnotist Johann Fenhoff, a.k.a. "Doctor Faustus," into the fold) becomes a major figure in the SSR's Cold War transformation into S.H.I.E.L.D. This turns out to have been a bad idea.
Under supervision of Arnim Zola, HYDRA loyalists revive and transform Captain America"s thought-dead ally James Buchanan "Bucky" Barnes into a cyborg assassin codenamed The Winter Soldier. While under their control, he is dispatched stage the assassinations of Howard and Maria Stark in order to steal crucial research information — leaving their son Tony an orphan and heir to the family fortune.

His body ravaged by cancer, Zola's brainwaves are reconstituted as an artificial-intelligence system that becomes the defacto secret leader of a revived version of The Red Skull's HYDRA operating, recruiting and quietly growing within the ranks of S.H.I.E.L.D. itself. The "elite" powerbrokers of the original HYDRA, however, are also still around and aware of these changes; manipulating S.H.I.E.L.D. in their own way over the decades and culminating in the ascension of Gideon Mallick (who meets with the imprisoned Werner Reinhardt but declines to re-establish equal ties between the two HYDRAs) to head of the World Security Council — which overseas much of S.H.I.E.L.D's global operations.

EMERGENCE

Werner Reinhardt is freed from prison in 1989 by HYDRA-loyal S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents and resumes his original research, eventually rediscovering Jiaying and confirming his original suspicions: She is an Inhuman with healing powers, and has not physically aged since they last met. Reinhardt vivisects her alive, eventually extracting her organs and DNA and implanting them into himself — which results in his boidy de-aging into a middle aged form. He re-names himself "Daniel Whitehall" and becomes the (non-computerized) human leader of HYDRA-within-S.H.I.E.L.D.
Unknown to Reinhardt/Whitehall, Jaiying's body is repaired and revived, thanks in part to her Inhuman powers, by her husband Dr. Calvin Johnson (with whom she has had a daughter, future S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Daisy "Skye" Johnson) though the experience has left her in a psychotic state seeking the extermination of the human race. Calvin, looking to aid her, ultimately transforms himself into the supervillain Mister Hyde and make secret underworld alliances with HYDRA in order to get close to Whitehall and exact revenge.

In the mid-1990s, HYDRA operative John Garrett recruits Grant Ward into Hydra-within-S.H.I.E.L.D. and masterminds his placement onto an elite team led by secretly-ressurected Battle of New York veteran Agent Phil Coulson. Garrett, posing as a made-up supervillain "The Clairvoyant," also sets up the HYDRA front C.E.N.T.I.P.E.D.E. ostensibly to create super-soldiers but in reality to help a badly battle-damaged Garrett suss out the mysterious serum (derived from the Kree corpse taken from Reinhardt by Agent Carter in WWII) used to revive Coulson.

Alexander Pierce, former U.S. Secretary of Defense and chair of the World Security Council, reveals himself as a HYDRA sleeper who attempts to carry out Arnim Zola's dream of using S.H.I.E.L.D. infrastructure to conquer the planet. After attempting the assassination of Nick Fury by The Winter Soldier, Pierce, Garrett, Ward and other secretly HYDRA-aligned Agents reveal themselves in an attempted coup of the U.S. government that is thwarted by Captain America, The Black Widow and The Falcon in Washington D.C. and the efforts of Phil Coulson's S.H.E.I.L.D. splinter-team — which becomes the new "covert" S.H.I.E.L.D. when the official organization is subsequently dismantled.
HYDRA itself, however, survives the coup; with Gideon Mallick reasserting power among "original HYDRA's" elite and Baron Wolfgang Von-Strucker conducting research on alien artifacts stolen from within S.H.I.E.L.D. itself (including Loki's scepter, which contains the "Mind" Infinity Stone) in the remote nation of Sokovia. Though his operation is terminated by The Avengers, his work leads to the transformation of two Sokovian orphans into The Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.

THE RETURN OF HIVE

Phil Coulson's "Secret S.H.I.E.L.D." comes into conflict with Daniel Whitehall over possession of the last Kree Obelisk, which leads to Whitehall's death at Coulson's hands, Agent Daisy Johnson's discovery of her true origins, her transformation into the Inhuman superheroine "Quake" and her reconnection with her mother Jaiying in the Inhuman sanctuary of Afterlife. When Jiaying betrays her family and attempts to start a war with S.H.I.E.L.D., it leads to the discovery that the last remaining S.H.I.E.L.D. battleship had been serving as a floating safehouse for The Monolith; which is later accidentally activated and pulls Agent Jemma Simmons through the portal to Maveth. She survives there for several months with the help of an astronaut who was marooned there by a HYDRA-backed mission.
Grant Ward, having escaped S.H.I.E.L.D. custody and begun a one-man war on the organization, goes looking to revive HYDRA on his own terms to mixed success; while Phil Coulson sets in motion a series of plans that systematically eliminate the known remainders of HYDRA leadership, while other former HYDRA operatives connected to The Winter Soldier Program begin to be murdered by a mystery assassin who turns out to be an aggrieved Sokovian military veteran named Helmut Zemo.

During this period, HYDRA also backs the efforts of Darren Cross to mass-market Hank Pym's shrinking technology, which is thwarted by Scott Lang aka the new "Ant-Man."

Jemma Simmons is rescued from Maveth and enlists her S.H.I.E.L.D. allies to re-open the portal and attempt a rescue of her astronaut friend Will Daniels; who unknown to her has been killed and become the new physical host of Hive. Amid this, Gideon Mallick seeks out Grant Ward and brings him into the fold of the "real" HYDRA and reveals the truth about their Hive-worship origins to him — promising him a powerful place within the organization if he can help hijack S.H.I.E.L.D's use of The Monolith to complete their ancient mission. Ward ultimately travels to Maveth, but so does Coulson — who murders Ward in a moment of weakness that ultimately allows Hive to claim Ward's body as a host and escape to Earth.

Hive, the body of Grant Ward, aligns with Gideon Mallick and takes control of the remainder of HYDRA. He declares war on S.H.I.E.L.D., attempting to draw the increasing population of newly-emerging Inhumans (transformed by a supply of Terrigen being released into the world's water supply by Jiaying during her failed attempt to forment war between Inhumans and S.H.I.E.L.D.) to his side and use a Terrigen Bomb to transform all humans and Inhumans alike into a compliant "subspecies" loyal only to him.

THE DEATH OF HIVE — THE END?

Though his mind-control powers briefly allow Hive to take control of Agent Daisy Johnson (whom he manipulated into killing a traitorous Gideon Mallick), he is eventually killed by the electricity-powered Inhuman Lincoln, who sacrifices himself to destroy the monster — seemingly eliminating HYDRA for good.

The death of Hive, coming after the would-be Inhuman god had already eliminating much of the remaining HYDRA himself, would seem to have been the end for the organization — and indeed, HYDRA has not shown its face again (in the real world) for the duration of the series fourth season. But just like in the comics, it feels as though a return for HYDRA is never fully out of the question.

Many Marvel fans theorize (and/or hope) that The Red Skull was merely displaced from time rather than being destroyed by The Tesseract at the end of Captain America: The First Avenger, and if he was to return it feels rather likely he'd attempt to bring "his" HYDRA back into existence — especially as it's never been explicitly declared whether Johann Schmidt knew about or "believed in" Hive in the first place. Perhaps more likely, the HYDRA of "The Framework" (the virtual-reality simulation the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. currently find themselves trapped in) is led by an avatar of the simulation's LMD android creator Aida; who has proclaimed herself "Madame HYDRA." Given that Aida has already transferred her own consciousness into other LMD bodies before, it's not unreasonable that — whatever happens in The Framework — she might decide to try making that role work out in the real world, too.

Plus, HYDRA is such a malleable entity as a foil, it's not difficult to imagine future Marvel filmmakers wanting to bring back at least a branch or a handful of them to serve as bad-guys for those situations where an Evil Organization is just helpful to have around. Bottom line: much like in the original comics, it's pretty unlikely we've heard the last of HYDRA.

Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD has been rather gripping recently, with perhaps their most science-fictional plotline yet. On the DC front, at the moment I think I'm enjoying Powerless the most!

We definitely need a crossover with Supergirl, Arrow and the Flash...
Very Happy
Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Powerless, sadly, was taken off the schedule after nine episodes, though 12 episodes had been completed - I'm looking forward to the box set!

The 12th episode featured Adam West as its guest star, and DC have temporarily made the complete episode available on YouTube. I don't think it will make a whole lot of sense if you haven't seen the previous episodes, but if you have, you won't want to miss this. Adam West does look rather frail, but heck, he was 88 at the time. The show may not have featured Batman himself (though he very nearly made a cameo in one episode), but having the man who was our favourite Caped Crusader appear was a very nice thought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUJ8vNugi6c&t=1s
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was also really enjoying this fine sci-fi sitcom.

The cast was excellent. Alan can make a psychotic, spoiled,entitled maniac of a boss a riot.

Vanessa, for someone so young,easily can carry a series.
Her comedic chops are excellent. Even good dramatic actors cannot always pull off funny roles but Hudgens did.

This show had much more potential & should have gone on longer.

However, when I saw the previews for the series & read about it I remember thinking it was unique from anything else on currently. And that will make it a tough go catching on. Unfortunately it did.
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/inhumans-gets-tv-premiere-date-plus-check-latest-poster-key-art-130025061.html

ABC is announcing Friday, Sep. 29 as the television premiere date for its new series, Marvel's Inhumans. That follows an exclusive two-week run on IMAX, where they're gambling that their first two episodes can equal — or even exceed — the visual flair of a $200 million Marvel film (or at least an Ant-Man-sized $140 million?).

Marvel likes to keep its big and small screen worlds pretty separate and for good reason; what looks like big budget on TV can look pretty paltry in a movie theater. But for Inhumans, the company is confident that it won't just look good big — it'll look good on IMAX, the biggest screen of all. That's due, in part, to the fact that the first two episodes were shot on IMAX cameras. It's a boon for Marvel, whose TV shows are still sometimes knocked for lacking the visual effects of their cinematic brethren. It's also good for IMAX since the premiere happens at a time on the calendar where there are no summer blockbusters or big-action spectacle movies to draw audiences to their screens.

The new poster features Maximus the Mad front and center, played by Game of Thrones's Iwan Rheon. Maximus is a bit like Loki — equal parts charm and evil — though those who remember Ramsay Bolton may have some difficulty seeing through the latter to see the former. Anson Mount (Hell on Wheels) and Serinda Swan (Ballers) are the Inhuman king and queen, Black Bolt and Medusa. Both characters are frequent targets of Maximus as he attempts to usurp control of their people. They are encircled by the bolt-like insignia that has adorned Black Bolt's costume ever since his first appearance in 1965 and which shows up in a muted form in this current version.
Steve Joyce
Solar Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud Brewster wrote:
CW crossover episodes Very Happy

Looking forward to the new crossovers coming up!

And ... did my eyes and ears deceive me?

In the recent Flash Bachelorette / Bachelor Party episode, did Felicity initiate the ULTIMATE uniting of comic book superhero universes by referencing the Incredible HulK ... or what?

Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This years crossover event looks awesome!

Two days this year, the 27th and 28th of November!

A universe where the Nazis won WW2! A meeting with the FREEDOM FIGHTERS and THE RAY!
Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That does look pretty awesome - here's what Newsarama has to say about it:

Quote:
CW has revealed new details about this year's annual DC TV Universe crossover between Arrow, Flash, DC's Legends of Tomorrow, and Supergirl. The 2017 crossover will be entitled "Crisis on Earth-X." The crossover was revealed with new key art by Phil Jiminez, done in the style of the classic Silver Age DC crossovers between different Earths.

"We conceived this year's crossover to be evocative of the annual Justice League/Justice Society crossovers we grew up with and looked forward to as kids," executive producers Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg said in a statement. "Phil was the perfect choice to bring the comic book cover iteration of this idea to life. You can count on one hand the number of artists who could compellingly represent so many characters in a single image. Phil is one of them. And his design invokes the cover of Justice League #207, which was the 20th annual JLA/JSA crossover. Our 10-year-old selves are in heaven."

"Some of the first DC Comics I ever read were those insane crossovers with a dozen characters from alternate earths and dimensions'the kind of stuff I later became known for!" added Jiminez. "So when CW asked me to do an homage cover inspired by those amazing team up covers, I couldn't resist, the chance to draw all of The CW's DC Super-Heroes in one crazy action sequence was insanely fun and exciting. And Romulo Fajardo'a colors brought everything to life!"

In the comic book Multiverse, Earth-X is the home of Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters - the Ray, Black Condor, Phantom Lady, Doll Man, Human Bomb, and others - and is a world where the Nazis won World War II. The Freedom Fighters live in an America ravaged by war, still fighting against Nazi enemies.

The Ray is already part of the CW DC Universe thanks to his CW Seed animated series - where Earth X has also appeared - and given his inclusion in the art, it looks as though he'll make the jump to live action here.

According to the official logline, it seems that at least some villains hailing from Earth-X will appear. It reads: "With all of the heroes in town to celebrate Barry and Iris" wedding, villains from Earth-X crash the festivities with a deadly agenda."

In Justice League of America #207, the JLA and JSA team up to fight the Crime Syndicate - evil versions of Justice League members from Earth 3. Jiminez's art depicts the Reverse Flash alongside villains who appear to be evil versions of Supergirl and the Green Arrow.

Also, don't fail to take note of the mention of the wedding of Barry Allen and Iris West.

The crossover will take place over two nights, with episodes of Arrow and Supergirl airing back to back on November 27 and The Flash and DC's Legends of Tomorrow following on November 28.
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The huge, unprecedented four-way crossover between Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl and DC'S Legends of Tomorrow on The CW just got a feature length trailer, and honestly, this is probably going to be the best four hours of your life.

The trailer begins with the event that brings all our superheroes together, the wedding of Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) and Iris West (Candice Patton). Since this is a superhero wedding though, it obviously can't go off without a hitch, which is where the Nazis come in. Yep, actual freaking Nazis.

The epic fight scene in the church that follows looks like it's going to be one of many team-ups in this crossover, but our heroes aren't the only ones teaming up. The villains of Earth 53 (a.k.a. Earth X) are on the move, and some of them happen to be counterparts of the characters we know and love. Kara (Melissa Benoist), for example, is looking fierce and unfortunately super evil on Earth X.

The most worrying part of this trailer though? You can hear Nate (Nick Zano) scream, "Jax is hit!" in a serious panic as Jax (Franz Drameh) collapses to the ground. Ever since Victor Garber, who plays Jax's firestorm partner Martin Stein, announced he was leaving DC'S Legends of Tomorrow, we've been wondering how he'll make his official exit. This might be a perfect (and terrifying) opportunity for him to take his curtain call, if he can somehow trade his life for Jax's.

The two-night crossover event starts Monday, Nov. 27th at 8/7c on The CW.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: