ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Valerian And The City Of A Thousand Planets (2017)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert (Butch) Day
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:34 am    Post subject: Valerian And The City Of A Thousand Planets (2017) Reply with quote

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets is Luc Besson's latest epic. He made The Fifth Element (1997).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valerian_and_the_City_of_a_Thousand_Planets

Mr. Besson is always credited for his original creations, particularly in costume design. Oh, really?

The first released picture is hauntingly familiar:

Aren't these the cryo-suits from Lost In Space (1998)?

Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's well-travelled territory, so screenshots and panels from the graphic albums are liable to remind us of Blade Runner, Prometheus, Forbidden Planet, Lost in Space, and all sorts of stuff. Valerian and Laureline seem to have met a couple of other well-known faces, a long time ago...

Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wowzer bowzer, the trailer for this spectacular movie is like a CGI Sci-Fi Fantasia! Shocked

Here's what Wikipedia has to say about the movie.

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (Val??rian et la Cit?? des mille plan??tes in French) is an upcoming 2017 English-language French science fiction action film produced, written and directed by Luc Besson.

The film is based on the French science fiction comics series Val??rian and Laureline, written by Pierre Christin and illustrated by Jean-Claude M??zi??res.

It stars Dane DeHaan as Valerian and Cara Delevingne as Laureline. The film is scheduled for release on 21 July 2017 in the United States and on 26 July in France

The Plot

Valerian (Dane DeHaan) and Laureline (Cara Delevingne) are special operatives for the government of the human territories charged with maintaining order throughout the universe.

Valerian has more in mind than a professional relationship with his partner- blatantly chasing after her with propositions of romance. But his extensive history with women, and her traditional values, drive Laureline to continuously rebuff him.

Here's the film's official website, with goodies about the movie, the comic book that inspired it, and more. (I had trouble getting the internal links to work. Rolling Eyes)

Valerian Official Movie Site

Anyway, I suggest you borrow a little medical marijuana from a friend so you can properly appreciate the trailer. I think this movie is going to be, like . . . heavy, man! Cool

_________ VALERIAN - Official Trailer #1 (2017)

By the way, the spaceship (which is called the Skyjet) in this movie was designed by Lexus, and I liked it so much I pasted into the empty space in the middle of the poster to create the "Brewsterized" version at the top of this post! Very Happy

Lexus Designs A 28th Century Spacecraft For "Valerian And The City Of A Thousand Planets"

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:50 pm; edited 3 times in total
Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say I wasn't entirely sure, in the cinema, if the actual movie had started, but the evolution of the International Space Station into the City of a Thousand Planets is, to coin a phrase, way cool...

(click the image to go to the YouTube video, yes?)

VALERIAN & THE CITY OF A THOUSAND PLANETS Opening Sequence

Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Custer, your YouTube link had stopped working, but I found a replacement and fixed your post.

Yes, indeed, that whole sequence is way cool. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: