ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pulp Magazine Archive online!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi magazines and fanzines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr Acula
Planetary Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:09 pm    Post subject: Pulp Magazine Archive online! Reply with quote

Just ran across this resources that might be of interest:

https://archive.org/details/pulpmagazinearchive

They've got a ton of stuff - "If" magazine is a recent acquisition!
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, this one makes me proud to be living in this amazing age — The Future!

I've traveled through time, from the year 1948 . . . to the year 2000 and Beyond! Very Happy

_________

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may not be a "proper" pulp, but they certainly have some good stuff there. And the way of leafing through the pages is great! An issue of the old Startling Stories caught my eye... though it's actually just the British edition, with about half as many pages as the US original. Those UK-printed magazines do have one advantage, though - our printers used a less "pulpy" paper for the interior pages, so they're probably outlasting the fuller versions.

Ah, the Year 2000, and beyond. It's easy for us, sitting comfortably at home, to forget the people in the new cities on Luna, or our Martian colonies... or indeed the brave workers mining the asteroid belt. Without their boldness and can-do adventurous attitude, where would we be...?
Sargon
Junior Crewman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The collections of old magazines here are really endless(with 4,900 titles). Although IF lacks big name authors and high quality stories, it's still a good read. Advertisements are almost non-existent in these old magazines. I though I would be able to leaf through one in a few hours, but these things are chalk full of material. Since I last checked up on the Pulp Archive, it looks as though they added allot more from the Amazing Stories line.

I know that they have the entire collection of IF's roughly 20+ year span, but even better is Galaxy Magazine(All 30 years of it!), with some of the top authors in the genre, as well as some others that were top notch, but have since been forgotten, as a lot of them wrote mostly shorts. I started reading Galaxy after listening to X-Minus-One on my phone, which pulled many of it's stories from Galaxy and Astounding S.F. (allot of these issues are there too).

Here's a link to all of the Galaxy issues. (for some reason they don't all always show up, unless you mess around with the "sort by" settings at the top).

https://archive.org/details/galaxymagazine?&sort=-publicdate&page=5

They also have X-Minus-One available too:

https://archive.org/details/OTRR_X_Minus_One_Singles

It can be seriously weird listening to these, they kept all the old commercials with it. There was one were they were comparing tube and solid state? TV sets, the best commercial though is the one for pabst blue ribbon "It's Purr-fect!" I couldn't breathe I was laughing so hard, all I could think about was South Park.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi magazines and fanzines All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: