ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Tomorrow People (2013)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randy
Space Ranger

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: The Tomorrow People (2013) Reply with quote

I just can't say enough about this new show on the CW!

The action, adventure and plot twists hold my attention span as well as any other great sci-fi show.

Synopsis:

They are the next evolutionary leap of mankind, a generation of humans born with paranormal abilities — the Tomorrow People. Stephen Jameson stands at the crossroads between the world we know and the shifting world of the future.

Up until a year ago, Stephen was a "normal" teenager - until he began hearing voices and teleporting in his sleep, never knowing where he might wake up. Now, Stephen's issues have gone far beyond the usual teenage angst, and he is beginning to question his sanity.

In desperation, Stephen decides to listen to one of the voices in his head, and it leads him to his first encounter with the Tomorrow People — John, Cara and Russell — a genetically advanced race with the abilities of telekinesis, teleportation and telepathic communication. The Tomorrow People are being hunted down by a paramilitary group of scientists known as Ultra. Led by Dr. Jedikiah Price, Ultra sees the Tomorrow People as a very real existential threat from a rival species, and the outcast group has been forced to hide out in an abandoned subway station just beneath the surface of the human world.

Trading in secrets, Jedikiah offers Stephen the chance for a normal life with his family and best friend, Astrid, if he will help in the struggle to isolate and eradicate the Tomorrow People. On the other hand, Cara, John and Russell offer Stephen a different type of family and a home where he truly belongs.

Unwilling to turn his back on humanity or the world of the Tomorrow People, Stephen sets out on his own path - a journey that could take him into the shadowy past to uncover the truth about his father's mysterious disappearance, or into an unknown future with THE TOMORROW PEOPLE.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Netflix has The Tomorrow People as streaming videos, and I know the show is good for two compelling reasons:

(1) Randy raved about it.

(2) The network cancelled it.

That means guaranteed quality.

____________ The Tomorrow People (CW) Trailer

MetroPolly
Space Ranger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My memory might be betraying me, but I recall a show of the same name back in the early 90s,IIRC. It was either a UK or Aussie production, more of a serial, teen drama sort of thing.

I think I watched part of it on Nickelodeon one summer. It stood out because the plot line involved ancient Egypt.
And, don't hold me to this, but I could swear the baddie in it was our dearly departed Sir Lee.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By gum, you're right. The Tomorrow People aired from 1992 to 1995, and Christopher Lee was in five episodes in 1995.

Here's the IMDB link.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103568/?ref_=nv_sr_3

MetroPolly
Space Ranger

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh, didn't think it was as late as '95. Hard to admit I was still watching Nick at 14. Of course, sometimes I watch it now, so... I"m gonna go evaluate my entertainment choices now. Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: