ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just a Test
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the limited edition blu-ray Batman television series, UK edition, which has been a bit complicated. When I, and a couple of friends, pre-ordered it, Amazon advertised it as including Ultraviolet code copies, for streaming/watching on computers, tablets etc. But when we got our boxes - no Ultraviolet. So we complained, and got a refund... 20-25% ish. And then a few weeks later we got sent Ultraviolet codes - so I've been watching season one, occasionally, on my tablet. There was also a problem with a couple of episodes being incomplete, so one had to register about that, and be sent replacement discs.

Still, it's great to have such an iconic show available to watch again...
Very Happy
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, guys, we seem to have fallen back into old (bad) habits. For a while after I made my impassioned plea to our members, asking them to help keep All Sci-Fi interesting and active, we had folks coming out of the woodwork to add discussion-prompting posts.

I was delighted! Very Happy

Now, however, things are back to the way there were before ??? slow and dull.

I realize I haven't been as active myself lately because I'm working on a new novel, but surely you folks aren't incapable of holding up your end of the conversation just because I'm not adding new content every day of the week.

Is this lull caused by the fact that I stopped adding the Featured Threads every day? If so, I'm surprised, because I didn't think very many members where even bothering to look at those.

If I'm wrong and you folks wish I hadn't stopped adding the daily Featured Threads, post a reply below and give me some encouragement. I'll start it up again if it will really help All Sci-Fi.

But if you're visiting the board fairly often to see what's new and then just leaving when there's little-or-no recent posts, the reason that's happening is that too many other members are doing exactly the same thing.

Come on, guys!

Prime the pump!

Plant a few seeds!

Get the ball rolling by finding a thread about something that interests you and throwing a new comment into the mix. It's easy. It doesn't have to be a long comment, it just has to be a new one!
Shocked
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think there can be some slow spots. The current film world is somewhat stagnant.

What we need are a few good arguments! lol
They seem to generate the most responses anyway!

Anyway, I agree with you Bud that there should be more responses to posts, even if it's just to agree/disagree.

Of course this is coming from someone who just "lurked" for a year or two on the old board and for a year on this one. Mainly because I was intimidated by the obvious expertise and knowledge of the posters.
There are still many posts that I just have nothing of import to add.

BUT, when I do......
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my goodness, Gord! One of the most literate and expressive members of All Sci-Fi was intimidated by the obvious expertise and knowledge of the posters?

Boy, have we got YOU fooled! Very Happy

Besides, All Sci-Fi is a board that encourages opinions and doesn't quibble when someone gets their facts little wrong. And correcting mistakes (or debating their correctness) is what keeps the board alive and kickin'.

Besides, the point of my message above is that everybody needs (at the very least) a little encouragement. So, if all we can think of to reply is, "Hey, thanks for sharing that link! Great article!" then the author will know his posts are being read and enjoyed.

Anyway, we're all certainly glad you've graduated from "lurker" to "post maker 1st class".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Contact All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: