ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Push (2009)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2001 to 2010
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:34 pm    Post subject: Push (2009) Reply with quote

Boy, it's gettin' so's ya can't swing a dead cat without hittin' a mutant around here!

However, this movie just refers to people with special powers as . . . well, people with special powers (aka psychic abilities). Apparently there's plenty of 'em, too, and their abilities take on different forms with colorful names, such as:

Pushers
Movers
Watchers
Shifters
Wipers
Shadows
Stitches
Sniffs

— and (the really bad ones) —

Bleeders, which are sometimes called Screechers or Screamers.

(I hope you're taking notes, because there will be a quiz at the end of this post. Confused )

The hero comes up with a brilliant plan to defeat the government agents trying to round up these special people, but he doesn't want the mind-reading government Watchers to find out about the plan. So, he distributes envelopes to his allies which describe parts of the plan . . . then he has a Wiper erase his memory of it.

Clever.

So, the good guys run around doing real important things that are part of the plan, despite the fact that nobody has the "big picture" — even the guy who thought up the plan.

Tricky.

The main bad guy (Carver) is a Pusher (he can put thoughts into your head), and he makes one of the good guys (a girl named Kira) think she's a bad guy.

Shifty.

Nick (a good guy) loves Kira (who thinks she's a bad guy), but she thinks his love for her is just a false memory she "pushed" into his head, even though it's not.

(Am I going too fast? Yes? Too bad, you should listen faster.)

Nick decides to kill himself with an injection of lethal stuff because Kira won't believe they really had a thing going — but after bad-guy Carver and good-guy-who-thinks-she's-a-bad-guy Kira leave him for dead, he wakes up, because he actually just injected himself with soy sauce.

Yes, soy sauce. I swear I'm not making this up.

And if you think my description of the plot is confusing, wait 'till you see the movie. This is just a sample!

Now, I'll hand out the quiz and you folks can show me how well you paid attention. You have ten minutes.

Begin.

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:22 pm; edited 6 times in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't seen this one yet? Haven't seen it in a while? Saw it and hated it but might try it again?

A trailer can help with any of those situations.

And here's your chance to see Dakota Fanning after she stopped being the screaming little girl in War of the Worlds, but before she grew up and got smokin' hot (as shown below).

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Mon May 16, 2022 12:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMDB has 17 trivia items for this movie. Here's a few of the ones I found the most interesting. Very Happy

In order to deal with the constant bustle of Hong Kong, director Paul McGuigan and the crew decided to shoot the film "guerilla-style", with the cameras hidden in vans, filming through small holes, and the actors doing their scenes in one take on the streets.

Note from me: This must have seemed pretty weird for the unsuspecting bystanders. I can't imagine how they made this work.

The scene where Camilla Belle's character Kira is kidnapped in a crowded street at gunpoint was filmed with no visible crew around, the camera being hidden in a van, yet no passers-by reacted.

Note from me: Hmmm . . . I guess in Hong Kong they've seen it all, eh? Shocked

In the hotel scene where Nick and Kira hook up, the script called for Nick (Chris Evans) to touch Kira's (Camilla Belle) butt while they kissed. On set, Chris Evans refused to touch Belle without her permission. Belle ended up giving Evans permission and the scene was filmed as scripted.

Note from me: "Oh for God's sake, Chris! Shut up, grab my ass, and kiss me!"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2001 to 2010 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: