ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Batmobile 1989

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Models and Dioramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trekriffic
Starship Navigator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:58 pm    Post subject: Batmobile 1989 Reply with quote

This is my build of the 1/25 scale AMT "Keaton" Batmobile kit based on the vehicle featured in the movie "Batman" from 1989...

"Get in the car!"
―Batman

Excerpts from the Batmobile (Burton Films) Wiki page:

The Batmobile is the Batman's primary mode of transportation. At first Batman often simply referred to this Batmobile as "the car", he would later come to call it the Batmobile. The vehicle is one of the most daunting components in his vast arsenal, keeping it stored in the Batcave when not in use.

Batman first used the Batmobile to rescue Vicki Vale from the Joker. Parking it out front of the Flugelheim Museum, he instructed Vale to get into the vehicle as the Joker's goons gave chase in their own cars and vans. Completely outmatching the villains' and the police for pure speed, the car unfortunately became caught in a bottleneck. With the road blocked by a construction crew the Batman and Vale had to abandon the car to continue their escape. Eventually, Batman used a remote to call the Batmobile to him after dispatching the last of the Joker's goons. In an attempt at killing the Joker after the recollection that the villain was responsible for his parents' deaths, Batman used the Batmobile to lay siege to the Axis Chemicals factory, effectively demolishing the complex despite the Joker's escape.

Affectionately dubbed the "Keaton-mobile" after Michael Keaton; the actor playing Batman/Bruce Wayne in the films at the time, the car's popularity with fans has established a strong following.

To read more about the amazing Batmobile and it's construction go here:
http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/Batmobile_%28Burton_Films%29

Anyway, without further adieu, here are the pics...

Last edited by trekriffic on Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
trekriffic
Starship Navigator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Machine guns deployed...BATA-BATA-BLAM!!!

Alongside my 1/24 scale Johnny Lightning die-cast 1960 and 1950 DC Comics Batmobiles...

scotpens
Starship Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly I never cared much for the design -- it's too exaggerated and cartoony. I must say you did a great job on the build, though -- nice and clean.

trekriffic wrote:

Sorry, don't mean to nitpick, but it's "without further ado." As in Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing.

Adieu is French for "goodbye" or "farewell," with an implication of finality (as opposed to the more commonly used au revoir).
trekriffic
Starship Navigator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scotpens wrote:
trekriffic wrote:

Sorry, don't mean to nitpick, but it's "without further ado." As in Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing.

Adieu is French for "goodbye" or "farewell," with an implication of finality (as opposed to the more commonly used au revoir).

Doh! Got it. "Ado". Thanks, and now I'll say... adieu!
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scotpens wrote:
Frankly I never cared much for the design -- it's too exaggerated and cartoony.

Actually I've always thought the design for the one used in the first two Batman movies was lean and mean.

Compare it to the one in "Batman Forever". Now THAT one could be described as "too exaggerated and cartoony". Very Happy

trekriffic
Starship Navigator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud Brewster wrote:
scotpens wrote:
Frankly I never cared much for the design -- it's too exaggerated and cartoony.

Actually I've always thought the design for the one used in the first two Batman movies was lean and mean.

Compare it to the one in "Batman Forever". Now THAT one could be described as "too exaggerated and cartoony". Very Happy

Yeah... never cared for that design myself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Models and Dioramas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: