ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Incredible Invasion (1971 Mexico/US) aka Alien Terror

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies and Serials from 1950 to 1969
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject: The Incredible Invasion (1971 Mexico/US) aka Alien Terror Reply with quote

THE INCREDIBLE INVASION - (1968 Mexico/US) Failing health hampered the performance given by Boris Karloff in this obscure Mexican-American film from Columbia Pictures.

The 81-year-old Karloff does most of his acting from a chair. The plot (and the title) is roughly similar to "Invisible Invaders"; unseen aliens take over the bodies of various people.

Directed by Juan Ibanez and Jack Hill.

While looking for a poster for this movie I found a poster (equally gorgeous!) for a another Mexican Boris Karloff movie -- Fear Chamber. Read the post I did for that one! Sounds like quite a yarn.

_________
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karloff ended his career by appearing in four low-budget Mexican horror films: The Snake People, The Incredible Invasion, Fear Chamber, and House of Evil.

This was a package deal with Mexican producer Luis Enrique Vergara. Karloff's scenes were directed by Jack Hill and shot back-to-back in Los Angeles in the spring of 1968.

The films were then completed in Mexico. All four were released posthumously, with the last, The Incredible Invasion, not released until 1971, two years after Karloff's death.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir, I am SO impressed!

I stumbled across the beautiful posters for some to those movies you mentioned and created threads for them using sources like IMDB and Wikipedia, but I didn't discover the great backstory you provided in your post above.

Thanks! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies and Serials from 1950 to 1969 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: