ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USS Saratoga NCC-1887

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Models and Dioramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trekriffic
Starship Navigator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:12 pm    Post subject: USS Saratoga NCC-1887 Reply with quote

This is my USS Saratoga, Miranda class medium cruiser, just completed from the Round 2 1/1000 Reliant kit. Add-ons were the ParaGrafix photo-etch set, Tenacontrols flasher/strobe board, and R2 supplemental aztec decals.

This ship was featured at the beginning of ST IV, the Voyage Home as the first Federation vessel to encounter the whale probe. A powerful signal from the probe overwhelmed most ship systems leaving the Saratoga powerless and adrift in deep space. The captain and crew placed themselves in a cryogenic sleep state to survive until a rescue ship arrived.

Lights on...

Last edited by trekriffic on Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
trekriffic
Starship Navigator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Space Images...

Composites...

Whale Probe

Wolf 359

Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Cow! Your wonderful gallery of images really shows off the beautiful design and this magnificent model.

You did a fantastic job, and we all appreciate it. I can't imagine the hours of work you put in with this project. The composite photos are very impressive.

Thanks! Very Happy
trekriffic
Starship Navigator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud Brewster wrote:
Holy Cow! Your wonderful gallery of images really shows off the beautiful design and this magnificent model.

You did a fantastic job, and we all appreciate it. I can't imagine the hours of work you put in with this project. The composite photos are very impressive.

Thanks! Very Happy

Thanks a lot. The composites were done in MS Paint. This model was a true labor of love. It was given to me by the admin over on All Scale Trek and was one of two test shots handed out by the kit maker, Round 2 Models. Test shots are the first parts pulls from the molds and are sent out to selected modellers to build and comment on prior to a kit's general release; as such, they are pretty rare items. I initially planned to build it as "straight from the box" as possible with no lights but then I was asked to add "all the bells and whistles". What would have been a 2-3 week build ended up taking closer to four months.

Here's a youtube video showing all the navs and strobes in action:
https://youtu.be/WG5kbRCBu_w
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Models and Dioramas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: