ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Defiance (2013 - 2015)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:15 pm    Post subject: Defiance (2013 - 2015) Reply with quote

I've watched the first dozen episodes of this SyFy series, and even though the stories are enjoyable, I'm very puzzled by the way the pilot seems more like the first episode of season two than season one! Shocked

All the scenes of the alien starships arriving and the armies of alien soldiers inside the ships which are shown in promos and some of the episode openings have not yet been part of any extended flashbacks which show the interesting backstory for the series and all those events shown in the promotional scenes.

Furthermore, the Wikipedia plot description tells a very complex story that goes back years before the series starts, and I haven't figured out yet how anybody who watches the series is supposed to know any of that info without reading it somewhere!

If you've watched this series and can provide me a bit of explanation for these odd aspects of the show, I'd greatly appreciate it. Very Happy

_________ Defiance (2013 TV Series) HD Trailer

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished season 1, and I've started season 2.

Like many series these days, each season has about ten episodes (season 1 had eight, and seasons 2 and 3 both have has 13). That's a total of 34 episodes.

So, the whole series has fewer episodes than any of the five seasons of The Lone Ranger from the 1950s, several of which has over fifty episodes!

I know, the comparison is entirely unfair, but it certainly illustrates the way television has changed in the last fifty years. Back the Old Days, Hollywood cranked out a plethora of inexpensive shows to keep an impatient audience glued to their TVs every night.

Today we have TV series from sources like Netflix and studios in Canada who spend millions on each episode and market their productions in all the ways the new technology has to offer!

Viewers like me can be completely unaware of a series like Defiance until it has come and gone, and then enjoy every episode from a variety of sources! Very Happy

I'm hoping that Defiance will continue to entertain me as I watch seasons 2 and 3.

Meanwhile, where are the other fans of this series who don't seem to have noticed this thread on All Sci-Fi?

Hey, what am I? Chopped liver? Shocked

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, season 2 ended by killing off a major character, and season 3 began by killing off three more! Shocked

Did the producers already know the series was being cancelled, so they just used bullet's instead of pink slips to "fire" people?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: