ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Philcon, General SF Con

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Discussions in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HankSmith
Space Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject: Philcon, General SF Con Reply with quote

Philcon is the oldest General SF con around, and takes place November 16-18 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Cherry Hill, NJ. Philcon has a Writer's Workshop, an Anime Room, an Art Show, a Masquerade, a Gaming Area, and more!! Philcon is run by PSFS, (The Philadelphia Area Science Fiction Society), which meets monthly, and is open to the public. PSFS Speakers are usually SF/Fantasy Authors, Artists, Editors, or pros in related fields like science. PSFS also has a monthly book discussion which is open to the public. Please see www.philcon.org and/or www.psfs.org for more info. Hope to see you there!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information!

Philly's not to far from me....I just may make it! Smile

Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy mackerel, HankSmith, you were the 10th member to join All Sci-Fi back on December 15th, 2013 — the week that Randy Everett and I set up this new version of the board when we realized the version which had existed since 2007 was in danger of being eradicated by the demises of the "free forum web host" it had used for six years! Shocked

Randy and I copied many of our own posts to this version and then "locked" the new board until we found out if our old board was really on the brink of extinction.

That prediction finally happened three months later in March of 2014, and many of our loyal members rolled up their sleeves and helped us start all over again with this version of All Sci-Fi.

For four years we've built up the new All Sci-Fi to it's current level, and we're very proud of its members' contributions! Very Happy

Unfortunately, last year Randy Everett passed away from a stoke, and after several weeks of pleading with the folks at Servage.One — the company Randy used to host this new version he and I created in 2013 — I was able to convince the good folks there to let me download the database for All Sci-Fi and move it to my own serve! Very Happy

And so, All Sci-Fi was reborn on a server controlled by me . . . for the first time in the board's 14 year history! Very Happy

HankSmith, I'm delighted that a member of the 2007-2014 version of All Sci-Fi — who also joined this version in December 2013 — has finally made his first post on this version of the board! Shocked

With that in mind, I'd like to help you promote the convention you mentioned! Very Happy

Click on the link above (the one provided by HankSmith) and enjoy the official website for this great convention.

Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess a Masquerade is, these days, tending towards Cosplay, which has become a staple of conventions in recent years. This photo comes from Philcon 2013, where some bold pioneers were getting into the groove for the Masquerade!

Great boots, yes...?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Discussions in General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: