ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Expanse (2015)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject: The Expanse (2015) Reply with quote

I got two DVDs from Netflix for this series and watched the first seven episodes of it, desperately hoping I'd like it.

Sadly, I did not. Sad

This series is about a grim and pessimistic vision of mankind's future that is the exact opposite of Star Trek — and that's the reverse of the kind of future I want so see stories about.

I've decided to give up trying to watch this disappointing series. I had high hopes, but they didn't pan out.

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Robert (Butch) Day
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been renewed with a change in venue: http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/amazon-the-expanse-season-4-1202818147/
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is official:The Expanse has been saved from cancellation on the SyFy Channel by being picked up by Amazon.
Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://collider.com/the-expanse-season-4-release-date/

Discover what lies beyond the Ring Gate as the Rocinante lands on Ilus to find tensions at a full boil. Full season coming December 13, 2019 on Amazon Prime Video.

About The Expanse Season 1:

The disappearance of rich-girl-turned-political-activist Julie Mao links the lives of Ceres detective Joe Miller (Thomas Jane), accidental ship captain James Holden (Steven Strait) and U.N. politician Chrisjen Avasarala (Shohreh Aghdashloo). Amidst political tension between Earth, Mars and the Belt, they unravel the single greatest conspiracy of all time.

About The Expanse Season 2:

In this noir thriller set two hundred years in the future, the case of a missing young woman leads a washed-up detective across the solar system to uncover the greatest conspiracy in human history.

About The Expanse Season 3:

As the Rocinante crew digs deeper into the search for Prax’s missing daughter, the war between Earth and Mars turns deadly in ways the solar system has never seen. But a new threat in the outer reaches of the Belt could prove much more dangerous, threatening to test the very future of humanity.

About The Expanse Season 4:

Season 4 of The Expanse, its first as a global Amazon Original, begins a new chapter for the series with the crew of the Rocinante on a mission from the U.N. to explore new worlds beyond the Ring Gate. Humanity has been given access to thousands of Earth-like planets which has created a land rush and furthered tensions between the opposing nations of Earth, Mars and the Belt. Ilus is the first of these planets, one rich with natural resources but also marked by the ruins of a long dead alien civilization. While Earthers, Martians and Belters maneuver to colonize Ilus and its natural resources, these early explorers don’t understand this new world and are unaware of the larger dangers that await them.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFdzpVt5rbk

Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An awesome post, Eadie! Maybe I gave up on it too soon. Perhaps I'll try again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: