ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beaster Day (aka The Beaster Bunny) (2014)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject: Beaster Day (aka The Beaster Bunny) (2014) Reply with quote

‘The Beaster Bunny’ DVD Review

Stars: Jon Arthur, Kristina Beaudouin, Valerie Bittner, Alison Bodell, Darian Caine, Tom Cikoski, Marisol Custodio, Matthew Dolan, Fredus Donestilus, John Paul Fedele |

Written and Directed by The Snygg Brothers

Hide your eggs! A 50-foot man-eating Easter bunny is on the loose and the townsfolk don’t stand a hop in hell. As the bloodthirsty, floppy-eared killer leaves a trail of dismembered corpses, the town’s only chance of survival rests with a wannabe actress and a crazy dog-catcher.

Yeah, honestly, you HAVE to know what you’re in for with any movie about a killer Easter Bunny… And if you don’t know, then within the first five minutes of the film you WILL know! Starting in a cheesy fashion and never letting up, The Beaster Bunny, aka Beaster Day: Here Comes Peter Cottonhell, is a tongue-in-cheek… way, WAY, in cheek… terror tale that plays for laughs as much as it does scares.

The Beaster Bunny is filled with boobs, along with tons of cheesy (SOV-era-like) gore, idiotic characters, stupid behaviour and, best of all, plenty of practical effects. Sounds like DTV heaven right?

Right.

What if I told you the practical effects include a giant quasi-stop motion rabbit that is just as absurd, if not MORE THAN, the concept sounds? Our titular bunny is a scratty-haired rabbit that looks like a toy that has been abandoned for years by an owner that realises how crappy it looks. Oh, and this rabbit is RANDY… For his victims are all nubile ladies, all in various states of undress; or whom the rabbit himself undresses!

And I’m not complaining.

Like Attack of the Killer Tomatoes and a myriad of Troma movies, The Beaster Bunny is one of those films that is purposefully made to be bad, to capture that “so bad it’s good” vibe, a party film to be enjoyed by stoners and alcoholics alike. Stupid, dumb, inept – these are a few words that other will band about to describe the Snygg Brothers debut film, but for me this is a film that surpasses “so bad it’s good” to become something greater, its own entity if you will – an instant holiday classic!

The Beaster Bunny is available now on DVD, VOD and Download .

A preview on Youtube HERE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V7FeIctutc

orzel-w
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, in the fine tradition of B-movies, the poster outshines the film.

WayneO
-----------
Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody-disgusting.com comments "It looks absolutely awful, but I'm pretty sure that's the point?" I must confess my first thought was that the post was a day late, and ought to have come out on April Fool's Day...

Another site says "The Beaster Bunny (AKA Beaster Day: Here Comes Peter Cottonhell) is trash…glorious, low budget, badly acted trash that I loved every minute of." So, if that's what you like, that's what you're in danger of getting!
Surprised
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as you can tell by the posting date it WAS April Fools Day as well as EASTER. What better than posting a real movie that could only be seen as a joke!
Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, different time zones complicate April foolery — for me it was "Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:11 am"! Embarassed
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orzel-w wrote:
Once again, in the fine tradition of B-movies, the poster outshines the film.

Indeed yes, that poster is glorious! However, the title of the movie (as it appears on screen) is Beaster Day, for some reason.

Beaster Bunny is so much better. I wonder why they changed it?
Confused

_____________ Beaster Day| Full Horror Movie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: