ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PHOTOBUCKET HAS GONE NUTS!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: PHOTOBUCKET HAS GONE NUTS! Reply with quote

Photobucket has made changes in their website that have completely screwed up their service!

They now require all users to disable Addblock Plus for us to see our own images (even if we're paying customers like me), the "title" function is no longer available. and the edit functions are a nightmare to access!

And those are just a few of the moronic changes they've made!

I've got thousands of jpegs on All Sci-Fi, so if I wanted to switch to another web host like Imgur, it would take me months to copy all those images to that website and then replace the PB codes with Imgur codes here on All Sci-Fi!

What the hell where those idiots thinking when they made these horrible changes? Shocked

If you're a Photobucket user, send an email to this address and tell them you hate the dumb thing they've done.

support@photobucket.com

Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed some of my images there aren't showing up on forum pages. Uploading seems to work at the moment, but the copying of the image url doesn't work for me currently, which means I have to type the whole darn code in instead. or I could upload to my alternative host, which doesn't cost anything: postimage.org...
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked Photobucket this morning, and the "new improved" version is gone! It's back to normal.

Thank God! Very Happy

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANOTHER problem with Photobucket!

I've discovered several Photobucket images in my posts that have suddenly become gigantic ??? about 1,500px wide, the size of the "original" jpegs when I uploaded them, instead of the resized version according to the dimensions I selected on Photobucket when I uploaded it.

Orzel-w discovered several years back that Photobucket retains the original jpeg size, even when the user selects one of the preset sizes, such as 640px wide. The original jpegs have the word "original" as a suffix on the image code, unlike the image codes a user gets from PB when they post the images.

Here's what the "original" code looks likes.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb106/Allscifi/Forbidden%20Planet%20LARGE/ForbiddenPlanet-C57DDCstations1-2.png~original

I have no idea why PB suddenly substituted the large-sized original jpegs on several of my posts. If any of you folks spot threads (mine or anyone else's) with jpegs so large you have to zoom WAY back just to see the whole image (making the text so tiny it's barely visible) please send me a PM and I'll fix them.

Thanks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Contact All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: