ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

R.I.P. Ty Hardin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Off-Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: R.I.P. Ty Hardin Reply with quote

Ty Hardin (January 01,1939 ~ August 03,2017) was best known for his Warner Brothers western TV series Bronco.
Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When Clint Walker walked out on his ABC series Cheyenne in 1958 during a contract dispute with Warner Brothers, Hardin got his big break. Warner bought out his contract from Paramount Studios and installed him into The Cheyenne Show, as it was also known, as the country cousin "Bronco Layne" to complete the season. Walker and Warner Brothers came to terms after the season ended, but Hardin had made such a big hit on the show that Jack L. Warner gave him his own series, Bronco, under the Cheyenne title. Bronco alternated weeks with Sugarfoot, starring Will Hutchins, and Cheyenne for four years. The series ran from 1958 to 1962.

Before looking on Wikipedia, I hadn't realized that Western tv shows got that complicated. Another one bites the dust, sigh...

Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many of those TV westerns had really great theme songs that are fun to listen to to this day.
Bronco is one of my faves.

Cheyenne is another.Maverick,Lawman,Laredo,The High Chaparral,The Wild,Wild West,The Big Valley.
To name but a few.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Off-Topic Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: