ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spectre (2015)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Movies in Other Genres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:02 am    Post subject: Spectre (2015) Reply with quote

Finally saw this one recently, and I enjoyed it, but I had to watch it twice to fully understand the story. I don't know if that's because movies are more fast paced today, or my brain is less fast paced than it used to be.

I will admit that during the first viewing I did this a lot —> Rolling Eyes —> when big Jim did something that was clearly impossible. But I kept reminding myself that the only reason the utterly impossible feats that James Bond performed in this movie seemed to stick out was because it presented everything so realistically and without a single elbow in the ribs.

I actually liked the realism, and I didn't miss the elbowing one little bit. That aspect of James Bond worked like a charm in Goldfinger — and bombed like a fart on a first date in every film after that. Pierce Brosnan almost made it work from time to time in his movies, but only just barely.

I must admit that the "Bond girl" heroine was lovely, and she stood up for herself in tight situations — without suddenly being a lethal weapon with great legs like Scarlett Johansson frequently does, despite the fact that she looks remarkably like Miss Johansson!

But she's going to have trouble becoming as familiar to the public as Miss Johansson with a name like L??a Seydoux — which is hard to pronounce and impossible to type. You actually have to copy and paste it from someplace else! Shocked

On the negative side, the scene in which Bond is tortured was way over the top. I skipped that scene during the second viewing. It was a bit too similar to a bad experience I once had with a sadistic dentist who wanted me to give up government secrets. (I'd tell you more, but then I'd have to kill you . . . Confused )

So, all in all this is a fairly good Bond movie if you don't mind the whole "re-invention" thing too much.

~ The Space Children (1958)

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Korinaz
Senior Crewman

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Specter - 2015 - Stuff you didn't know Reply with quote

I liked that movie too Very Happy. here some stuff about it Very Happy

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5mzcol_james-bond-007-specter-2015_shortfilms

Krel

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit that I really don't like Daniel Craig as Bond. But I did enjoy this movie, but I found it a bit strange. It is like they tried to do an old fashion Bond movie, but didn't know how. It had all the elements, but they were all off. It had a really fantastic opening, some great action scenes, but they were all a bit off. The only thing missing was a memorable theme song, the one they had was just so-so.

I remember reading a comment when the movie came out. The writer said it was strange, they spent years, and God knows how much money regaining the rights to Spectre, and Ernst Stavro Blofeld, only to immediately throw it into the trash, and make something up.

David.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Movies in Other Genres All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: