ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Star Trek the Next Generation mirror universe comic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Comics and Artwork
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bulldogtrekker
Space Sector Admiral

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Star Trek the Next Generation mirror universe comic Reply with quote

I have been a Star Trek fan for 50 years.
I love the mirror universe episode.

And I have never thought about a mirror episode of Star Trek the Next Generation. I guess I have no imagination. Look at the cover of this comic book.

LINK:
http://trekmovie.com/2017/05/03/exclusive-tipton-brothers-on-taking-star-trek-the-next-generation-into-the-mirror-universe/

Last edited by bulldogtrekker on Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you happen to be in your local comic store on Saturday, the annual Free Comic Book Day, then I guess that will be the free comic you choose. Or once the whole limited series has been published, no doubt there will be a trade paperback compilation...

Actually, William Shatner's series of Star Trek novels, with Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens no doubt doing most of the work, did venture into the Mirror Universe at one stage, with appropriate versions of quite a few regulars, starting with Spectre and continuing in Dark Victory and Preserver.
bulldogtrekker
Space Sector Admiral

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comic book day was a big bust for me. I was told by two different comic book stores that the Star Trek the Next Generation Mirror Universe free issue was gone by noon.

If anyone has an extra one, send me a PM.
Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe some of the FCBD comics will appear free online now. I guess that IDW's effort will probably have been the most sought-after, with one complete all-new story rather than a reprint or various bits and pieces; the "prelude" to their new limited series is, as mentioned, sure to turn up in a graphic novel trade paperback compilation. Here's the cover of the first issue, due out in a few weeks:

Quote:
The Star Trek mini-series event of the year kicks off! Captain Jean-Luc Picard will stop at nothing to get his hands on the Empire's newest warship, the ISS Enterprise, be it lies, deception or murder. With enemies and allies around every corner, Picard's quest to help the Enterprise and restore the Empire to glory will not be an easy one. Good thing he has a crew on board who will also stop at nothing to ensure total victory — at any cost.

I see they've already done an Original Series serial, featuring Kirk versus Pike...
Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the IDW website, the 128-page, $17.99 trade paperback came out last month - I would post the cover, but it's exactly the same artwork as above. So here's the cover from the original second issue:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Comics and Artwork All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: